Sunday, August 14, 2011

Glock 17 Review


This is a review on my Glock 17 9mm handgun. I make use of this gu as a concealed carry gun whenever the weather is cold or I find myself being able to justify wearing multiple layers of clothing including to a jacket, if not, I conceal carry my Glock 26 in it's pocket holster in my pocket. So, lets begin the review:


The Glock 17 9mm semi automatic handgun


I know most of you know the history behind the Glock company so I am going to just segway on to the review of the gun itself. The Glock 17 is a full framehandgun which means it would be considered a duty gun that law enforcement would carry in their hip holsters.There is also a tactical rail on the gun. Most of the people I've talked to would not conceal carry this gun due to it's size although a skinny guy like myself did just that for almost two years before I got my 26.







The Glock 17 magazines are capable of carrying 17 rounds of 9mm ammunition, that is alot of bullets for one gun which gives people a warm fuzzy when it comes to a self defense situation.
















The Glock 17 is also capable of making use of the Glock 18 32 rnd magazine. Just beautiful.











Field stripping the 17 takes on a second or two at most and there are very little moving parts. Go on YouTube and you will find thousands of videos on how to field strip a Glock. Because of the lack of moving parts minimal use of oil is needed, it is not a good idea to over oil your Glock.










There are TONS of aftermarket items and parts for Glocks of all makes and models. My 17 happens to have a LoneWolf Glock 17 threaded barrerl in the 1/2 x 28 twist which is ideal for compensators and/or suppressors.



















I give this weapon an A+ when it comes to reliability and function and an A when it comes to concealed carry. If a simple DeSantis IWB holster can allow a skinny guy like me to conceal this gun for two years, then ANYONE can conceal carry this gun without issues. Thanks for reading and sorry that some of the pictures are sideways, my camera is giving me issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment